GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Japan Desk Specialist
at GUGGENHEIM PARTNERS, LLC.
About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its Japan Desk team. Reporting to the Japan Desk Head, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for Japan initiatives. In addition to analytical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work closely with other groups in support of new and existing clients. The successful candidate will have experience in investment management business, speak Japanese at a near-native level, and the flexibility to support the Japan office outside of US business hours. The position is located in New York City.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with Japan sales, client service, and operations in supporting Japan initiatives: responding to client inquiries; obtaining and analyzing data; preparing and obtaining approvals for fee proposals and investment vehicles; updating marketing presentations; preparing Request for Proposals; and other related functions
- Support client’s due diligence efforts: preparing RFPs; responding to questions; preparing US teams for onsite meetings;
- Work closely with operations in support of Japan initiatives: onboarding; reporting; and other groups in support of new and existing clients.
- Activities typically require extensive interaction with investment teams, legal, compliance, and operations
Skills & Experience Required
- Fluency in Japanese
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and strategies
- Ability to develop relationships with and the trust of investment teams, legal, compliance, operations, and management
- High work capacity with ability to prioritize and multitask to meet multiple short deadlines
- Ability to represent Guggenheim Investments to Japan team and Japanese prospects and clients
- Willingness to represent and mediate issues fairly between US teams and Japan team
- Salesforce, Bloomberg, and BlackRock Aladdin experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to support Japan office requirements outside of typical US business hours
In addition, the ideal candidate will have
- 5 to 7 years of experience at an investment management or securities firm in a sales/marketing, client servicing, fixed income portfolio management, trading, or analysis role.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select “forgot password”.
- Clear your computer’s cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email WorkdayRecruiting@GuggenheimPartners.com for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.