Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Harvard Maintenance
- Requisition ID
Harvard Maintenance, Inc. is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our New York office in support of the Northeast region. As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of human resources support services to one or more business units in a union and non-union environment. As a generalist you will be responsible for on/off-boarding, moderate employee relations, compliance, and HR administrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to Regional HR Manager and acts as backup on all regional Human Resources related needs
- Facilitates the onboarding process of new hires, including new accounts transitions through ICIMs - ATS
- Completes background screening, E-Verify, and tax credit process for all hires and ensures compliance
- Responsible for keeping Employment Authorization documentation in compliance with USCIS regulations
- Interfaces with employees to address questions / concerns regarding HR matters, policies and procedures
- Follows benefits and risk management process on medical information documentation including leave of absences, disability and FMLA
- Assists in developing and implementing human resources plans, policies, procedures and goals
- Identify and resolve moderate employee relation issues and ensure accurate and timely documentation of concerns and issues
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans for assigned group
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or other related field of study
- 3+ plus years of human resources generalist experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Self-starter, problem-solver, and one who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with a keen sense of urgency and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws
- Excellent technology skills including knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, iCIMS experience preferred
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Ability to manage projects by maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning, organized approaches to work and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative team environment; to build relationships and effectively work with all levels of employees.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Possesses influencing skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and an applicant tracking system.
- Spanish/Albanian spoken/written preferred