The HRIS Specialist position supports the Benefits and Payroll Department. The purpose of the position is to ensure accurate record keeping for employee data on an ongoing basis, increase the ability of the HR function to answer any and all employee inquiries about benefits, payroll and basis HR questions as well as increase the effectiveness of the overall HR function. The role will also be expected to produce reports and analysis as needed.
What we expect from you
- Manage employee lifecycle information including all new hire paperwork (I9 and wage hour documentation), create new hire files and exit paperwork (i.e., personal data, compensation) in the Workday and DayForce HRIS system as well as paper files for accurate and timely record keeping and HRIS system reflects the most up-to-date information when referenced.
- Freelance staff: Ensure all legal requirements are met for this population.
- Manage all new hire and exit paperwork for payroll and create all new hire files on-line and in hard copy on a weekly basis.
- Proactive maintenance of employee data monthly to ensure accuracy.
- Create and run original and standard reports on employee information from HRIS system including employee title, accurate compensation history, quarterly turnover by agency, etc.
- Process all terminations for payroll in a timely fashion.
- Working with Talent Acquisition team, track and verify employee referrals for on time and accurate payment.
- Complete employment verification requests for vendors at request of employee and compliant with the law.
- Prepare all exit paperwork for voluntary terminations in an accurate and timely fashion under very strict deadlines.
- Manage Department of Labor monthly reporting for NY State.
- Assist Senior Director of Benefits with FMLA case administration.
- Reconcile all medical, dental, and vision invoices for timely payment.
- First point of contact for employee inquires on medical, dental, vision, 401K program, Disability, FLMA, Long Term Care, PTO, company policy, employee referral information, etc.
- Manage administration and employee inquires for annual open enrollment benefits process.
- Manage necessary projects as assigned
- Responsibilities subject to change based on company and department needs.