Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
NY - New York
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re all about customer service and thrive on teams where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may be the place for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Hornblower New York is seeking experienced Deckhands to join our New York City Team! Successful candidates will have strong attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with a commitment to absolute guest satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for those interested in advancing their career in the hospitality industry.Day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts are available. We are a quality hospitality organization that serves the public year round. Weekends and holidays may be required.
- Responsible for getting underway, mooring, anchoring, handling lines, and bridge operations in all weather conditions
- Perform lookout duties while underway, including watching for other vessels and monitoring the waterway for potentially unsafe conditions
- Assist in boarding and disembarking of passengers and monitoring passenger & crewmember safety issues on the boat.
- Assist the Captain in ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations ensuring the vessel is in an inspection-ready condition at all times
- Ensure that safety equipment is utilized and appropriate guidelines are followed for all tasks involving physical risk or hazardous materials
- Participate in meetings, training, drills and safety audits as required by USCG & company policy
- TWIC & Z-Card Certifications
- Maritime experience aboard small passenger vessels
- Six months customer service experience in the Hospitality/Banquet Industry preferred
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.