Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Helpdesk Technician
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
NY - New York
IT Helpdesk Tech
We'd Love to Have You On Board!
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may be just the opportunity for you.
Hornblower New York offers unparalleled public dining, private charter, entertainment and sightseeing cruises. We are seeking an IT Technician reporting to the IT Manager, this energetic role will adhere to Hornblower's exceptional standards of compliance with legal requirements and HR Policies & Guidelines.
Hornblower Cruises & Events has over 27 years of tradition operating the finest charter and cruise vessels in the most beautiful ports along the California Coast and New York. With the help of our exceptional crew, we have developed a solid reputation of delivering the Hornblower experience with a unique and elegant style. From the first cruise to our most recent, our company's success has come from the teamwork of crew members, who are encouraged to communicate and cooperate with each other in everything they do. We welcome enthusiastic team players to join the leader in marine hospitality.a
IT Helpdesk Tech
The IT Helpdesk Technician’s role is to provide technical assistance for the company’s end users and internal IT department. Troubleshooting of various technologies used throughout the organization. Helpdesk Technician is responsible for implementing technical solutions that are in accordance with the protocols and regulars set forth by the Regional Director of IT.
*This is a Seasonal Full-Time position that requires 8 hours per day, some nights, weekends and Holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures end user’s laptop and desktops are running efficiently in a mix environment.
- Provide ongoing prompt, intuitive and proactive I.T. support services to end-users.
- Follow I.T. procedures and policies during the course of performing all duties.
- Utilize help desk ticketing system to document and track work on issues and assignments.
- Configure and install desktop hardware, software, printers and other equipment as directed.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance checks POS systems to ensure all terminals are online in multi vessel environment.
- Provide POS support and troubleshoot as needed.
- Escalate issues to other IT team members as needed.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve issues and make repairs.
- Perform backup and recovery activities as needed.
- Prioritize issues and manage time effectively, taking accountability for resolving end-user issues.
- Effectively interact with other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- Train end-users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Assist with maintaining business-critical infrastructure.
- Provide off-hours support as part of the on-call
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the IT Manager.
EDUCATION/ LICENSES/ EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING:
- High school diploma
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair computer/laptops.
- Working knowledge of computers. (Mac and PC.)
- Basic understanding of networks and networking protocols.
- Basic understanding of Point of Sale systems.
- Good customer service skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and good demeanor
- Organized and poised
- Excellent communicator
- Quick learner
- Possess a passion for learning and instituting industry-leading technologies and best practices.
- Ability to grasp, and retain, technical concepts quickly and explain them to others.
- Must be willing to travel between different office locations in NYC to provide technical support.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Microsoft Windows and Macintosh OSX.
- Proficient with Microsoft Server 2008, Active Directory, VMware
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with networking; switches, routers, wireless, etc.
- Experience with iOS / Android device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A+, Network+, ICND1 or CCNA certification.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in IT related field.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Hornblower Cruises and Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. The San Francisco-based organization operates more than 60 vessels in northern California (San Francisco, Berkeley, and Sacramento) and Southern California (San Diego, Newport Beach, Long Beach and Marina del Rey), and the company also launched Hornblower New York in 2012. In addition, Hornblower operates two ferry service concessions for the National Park Service: Alcatraz Cruises provides transportation to Alcatraz Island, and Statue Cruises provides transportation to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. In 2014, the company opened boat tour service in the Niagara Falls Gorge in Niagara Falls, Canada. Hornblower treats guests to a broad range of dining, entertainment and sightseeing cruises aboard U.S. Coast Guard and Transport Canada certified yachts.
Pre-employment and random drug testing is required as mandated by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Hornblower Cruises and Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Seasonal / Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour