Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ticket Agent Supervisor
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
NY - New York
Ticket Agent Supervisor
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
The Ticket Agent Supervisor is responsible for delivering premier quality customer service and supervising ticket agents. Work includes, but is not limited to, opening and closing the ticket office and supporting all daily operations (set up, ticket sales, ticket collection, and boarding); ensuring the quality and standards of Hornblower Cruises and Events and exceeding customer expectations. Works closely with and reports to the Guest Services Manager.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Open and close Ticket Office and maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of the shift and ensure amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Prepare cruise summary, materials, boarding reports, reservation lists for cruises, and reconcile revenue at the end of the day
- Lead by example while performing all ticket agent job duties
- Resolve guest complaints, settle disputes, ticket refunds, and handle ticket discrepancies
- Train new staff members; provide guidance and individual coaching for staff to better understand guest needs
- Work closely with the Guest Services Manager and immediately report any customer, staff or operational issues and needs.
- 3 years customer service or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience in sales preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of another language in addition to English preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.