NYU Langone Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Associate
at NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Business Office Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate In performing duties related to pre-admission of patients to Tisch Hospital, determines patient and institutional responsibilities according to varied Managed Care and carrier reimbursement plans. Complies with third party pay or regulations and Managed Care networks Systems requirements (i.e. global versus per diem vs. DRG reimbursements). Accurately obtain all financial information to properly record episode and to maximize reimbursement for the medical center. Assist both patients and physicians to comprehend the complexities of third party payer system as it applies to their cases
- "Contribution to Team & Overall Productivity. Components of Responsibility/Tasks:: Effectively performs team-assigned work on time and to standards. Acknowledges responsibility for quantity and quality of daily performance requirements. Establishes a good rapport with all team members. Resource to colleagues by sharing information they may need to be more productive. Volunteers assistance to others in completing workload. Assists with training new staff members. Volunteers for tasks outside of job responsibilities or on special projects assigned by management to help the department achieve its goals."
- "Communicates and collaborates well with fellow staff members as well as other departments within the institution. Components of Responsibility/Tasks: Maintains open communication to promote continuous departmental improvement. Participates in departmental meetings by effectively communicating ideas, problems and suggestions to leadership. Communicates with peers and all Hospitals Center staff in a courteous, effective and professional manner. Effectively communicates via email in a professional and clear manner with all Hospitals Center staff."
- "Uses independent judgment and initiative to identify and troubleshoot issues. Components of Responsibility/Tasks: Identifies and informs management of problems or issues before they affect patients and/or departmental daily operations. Handles all patient and/or Hospitals Center staff complaints in a helpful way and to the satisfaction of management. Refers issues to management in cases when the issue is not resolvable at your level."
- "Works with physicians offices, the Office of Managed Care Department, Care Management and Third Party Payors to maximize financial revenues for the Hospitals Center. Components of Responsibility/Tasks: Is a resource person for physicians offices regarding pre-admission process and insurance inquiries. Collaborates with physicians offices regarding patient authorization & financial issues. Interprets contracts for pre-existing conditions, co-payments, exclusions, deductibles using expertise and judgment. Utilizes the Office of Managed Care & Care Management departments as a resource."
- "Assesses the patients financial status relative to the Medical Center episode. Components of Responsibility/Tasks: Validates Epic info for accuracy and completeness with patient and/or physician office staff. Accesses third party payor information via web or telephone. Accurately creates and updates patient encounter in Epic hospital account. Performs an accurate financial patient interview when necessary. Notifies patients of any financial liabilities in a professional & timely manner. Is available for patient and families when needed."
- "Self-Management & Additional Performance Standards: Maintains a professional appearance by; adhering to departmental dress code; well-groomed; wears ID badge at all times. Follows all guidelines ethical and proper use of computer equipment, including internet access. Keeps workstation tidy and well organized."
- "Attendance, Absenteeism & Punctuality: Demonstrates reliability by maintaining a good attendance/punctuality record. Arrives to work on time and begins to work accordingly. Adheres to departmental guidelines regarding use of sick & vacation time."
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma and 1 year experience in patient accounts or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Front end hospital registration and /or practice operations is a must. Knowledge of insurance companies verification and benefit tools including web sites etc. Ability to compose and edit logical, detailed, comprehensive and grammatically correct correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel including patients, families, physicians and staff. Knowledge of medical terminology. Experience and competency with varied computer hardware and software, including registration and billing systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, communications. Training on appropriate systems will be provided. Ability to handle matters of highly confidential and sensitive nature. Ability to recognize and identify problems, recognize implications and propose alternative solutions. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner. Skill in working independently and in following through on assignments with minimal direction.
College Degree and/or Some college education with a minimum of 2 years in a Healthcare/Hospital setting. Customer service experience. Evidence of good interpersonal skills, effective communication skills and creative problem solving
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.