NYU Langone Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiology Patient Flow Assoc
at NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Radiology Patient Flow Assoc.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform all aspects of coordinating and expediting care in regards to patient movement to CT scan, MRI, and X-ray in the emergency department. Serve as a resource for the emergency and radiology department for communicating escalation, prioritization, and delays in imaging. Responsible for a variety of duties involving direction, coordination to ensure the efficient patient flow within the imaging section of Radiology.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport and communication with patient/patient families, emergency department staff, radiology staff, and patient transport
- Gain patient cooperation and reduce anxieties by providing explanations of treatment delays in regards to radiology studies and clinical care
- Utilize the EPIC (electronic medical system) to track patients and their care to prioritize patient movement
- Collaborate with doctors, nurses, radiology technologies to help prepare patient for examinations
- Prepare patients for imaging exams following departmental protocols.
- Function as a liaison with radiologic technologist, nursing, and other clinical staff to ensure proper documentation and appropriate exams for patients
- Resolves patient related grievances by working with the ED patient relations representatives
- Facilitate storing patient valuables in the designated secured lockers, and documenting the location in the electronic medical records
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities
- Attend nursing shift huddles, regular staff meetings, and in-services
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in a health care related discipline
- A minimum of two years in a leadership/team lead role, preferably in hospital operations
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.