Hospital for Special Surgey
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hospital for Special Surgey
- Job ID
- Research & Academia - All Openings
- Emp Status
- Regular Full-Time
- Hours per Week
Hospital for Special Surgery
The HSS Biostatistics Core provides comprehensive methodologic and analytic support to clinical and basic scientists at the Hospital for Special Surgery in the area of musculoskeletal research. Under the direct supervision of the Core Director, the candidate will provide study design and statistical analysis support to their assigned service/s. Our Surgical Services are engaged in high quality clinical research and are in need of study design and statistical support for their priority research projects.
- Provide statistical expertise in analyzing data for clinical or basic science research initiatives at the hospital as assigned through the Biostatistics Core.
- Review proposed HSS studies for soundness of study design and statistical methodology.
- Contribute written sections for IRB applications, grant applications, and manuscripts for assigned projects.
- Perform intermediate to expert level statistical queries, analyses, and evaluation.
- Interact with other members of the Core and, when necessary, hospital scientists and clinicians involved in the assigned research projects.
- Stay informed of statistical techniques as applied to musculoskeletal research issues by reading journals and/or attending courses/programming meetings.
- Develop collaborative relationship with hospital researchers.
- Peer review and suggest changes or improvements to existing analytic code (SAS, SPSS syntax, or R), analytical and study methods, and reports for validity and limitations, as performed by other members of the Core.
- Build and improve on Macros to make data processing and presentation more efficient.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in biostatistics, statistics or clinical epidemiology
- At least 1 year of work experience and/or research experience in a clinical setting is required
- The candidate should have the ability to interpret technical medical data and generate sound recommendations to support clinical research efforts.
- Experience in musculoskeletal research preferred.
- The successful candidate should possess good organization skills, time management skills, and the ability to manage several concurrent tasks.
- Complete proficiency in Microsoft Office and a statistical software package is mandatory. SAS is the preferred statistical package within the HSS Biostatistics Core, but experts in other statistical packages are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidate should have knowledge of appropriate statistical analysis for clinical research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are paramount due to the large number of professional interactions that will be required for this position.
- Experience working with physicians is preferred.