Hospital for Special Surgey
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hospital for Special Surgey
- Job ID
- Information Technology - All Openings
- Emp Status
- Regular Full-Time
- Hours per Week
The IT Trainer is responsible for achieving advanced knowledge of assigned Epic system software and the end user workflows to regularly lead classroom training sessions. In addition, he/she conducts regular day-to-day communication with IT staff members and application end users, schedules and enrolls learners in training classes, responds to end user software questions, provides at-the-elbow and remote (phone, web, and e-mail) training support, and occasionally develops basic training documentation under the supervision of the application’s Instructional Designer. The IT Trainer reviews and edits training materials ahead of classes to ensure they are aware of and up-to-date on system workflow changes, and partners with IT Analysts and Instructional Designers to gain mastery of the revised content. He/she manages his or her own time to accomplish tasks with minimal oversight.
This is an exciting and dynamic role that supports HSS’s growth and strategic plan by enabling prescribers, clinicians and support staff to leverage the power and efficiency of our integrated electronic medical record platform. This role reports to the IT Training Manager within IT Office of the CIO.
The IT Trainer is responsible for becoming credentialed by an Instructional Designer in one or more Epic applications within 90 days of hire.
In addition, they will also:
- Create how-to documentation (e.g. Tip Sheets) for the assigned applications, and ensure workflows are accurately represented and validated by Instructional Designers.
- Facilitate end user (classroom) training sessions for the assigned applications.
- Demonstrate at least a basic level of understanding of the assigned applications’ design.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of system workflows.
- Provide end user and prescriber support via telephone, e-mail, screen sharing, and At-the-Elbow assistance.
- Create end user buy-in for the assigned applications by facilitating a positive training and support experience.
- Always be “on-stage”, and demonstrate a client first mentality by providing warm interactions, consistent follow-up, and ownership of issues presented to them.
- Identify new ideas that add value to the services rendered by the IT Training Team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’s Core Values and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Follow all quality assurance processes, including change management and testing efforts.
- Create reports and extracts from the Learning Management System, as necessary.
- Enters issues with training environments, classroom technology, and documentation into designated trackers
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to protected health information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience conducting adult education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, healthcare, or a related field, or four (4) years of relevant experience within a healthcare setting, including experience in planning and developing learning objectives and course materials for prescribers and clinical staff.
- Demonstrated success in a customer service/client experience role.
- Candidates must have proven problem solving, analytical, administrative, written and verbal communication, presentation, customer service and leadership skills, and will be expected to balance multiple initiatives.
- Intermediate level familiarity in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Healthcare experience is desirable.
- Certification in one of the Epic clinical applications or credentialed in an Epic clinical application by HSS or another healthcare system for version 2015 or later for consideration is preferred.
- One year of direct experience training Epic prescriber and/or clinical systems.
- Proficiency with Learning Management System administrative functions and build.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate version 5.5 or higher is preferred.
- Experience with Dragon Medical 360 dictation software is preferred.