Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hepatitis C Peer Case Manager
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time Hepatitis C Peer Case Manager which will be housed at our Amityville location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Hepatitis C Peer Case Manager:
- Provide case management; treatment adherence and support services for patients diagnosed with HCV
- Participates in case conferences as well as other agency or community-based meetings or trainings
- Conducts adherence assessments and evaluations with patients diagnosed with HCV; i.e. reducing barriers to care
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with entire HCV case management, Medical and Behavioral Health Provider Teams
- Provides appropriate follow-up on referred patients
- Maintains data and case records as required and prepares necessary reports
- Facilitates enrollment in HCV Benefits and Entitlement programs
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Associate's degree
Preferred Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Work Related Experience: 0 - 1 years
Preferred Work Related Experience: 2 - 4 years
Required Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Must be willing to discuss personal life experience as an education tool with patients
Preferred Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.