Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Interior Architects
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Strategy Director in our New York office. As Strategy Director, you would be responsible for leading new business development, projects, select components of practice development and managing the local Strategy work and team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Directs and gathers data and performs senior level research and strategic analysis of factors that affect the workplace (i.e. employee work patterns, communication, process integration, organizational culture, workplace effectiveness etc.) Once changes are implemented, analysis effects of these changes on client sites.
- Initiates/develops/reviews/directs/guides design and technical staff to develop solutions based on project scope.
- Manages project work plan. Ensures adherence to set budget working closely with Project Manager and/or client on potential variances to the budget.
- Continually reviews and conducts on-going research on workplace strategies. Writes papers on strategies topics and makes public presentations.
- Provides guidance to design staff to use workplace strategies solutions to select furniture and fixtures
- Provides guidance to design staff to use workplace strategies solutions to develop space plans
- In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys
- Manages contract administration budget. Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
- Works with leaders and Business Development staff to look for opportunities to sell strategies services to existing and potential clients. Assists Business Development by writing proposals and making client presentations.
- Manages and mentors the work of local Strategies staff. Oversees tasks and provide feedback on work product.
- Oversees client interface and leads the maintaining and fostering of client relationships.
- Supports Senior Director of Strategy in developing and implementing strategy growth and expansion of services in the market.
- Actively participates and contributes in practice development teams and initiatives; leads multiple key initiatives.
- Significantly contributions to IA's thought leadership through available channels (ie. blog posts, white paper, speaking engagements, podcasts).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of architecture or design or business school: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 15+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects or equivalent; 8+ years in strategy consulting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the major phases of the design process.
- Subject matter expert in strategy services
- Advanced documentation and field observational skills
- Experience and understanding in consulting methodologies and practices
- Extensive verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to direct presentation and graphic communication requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints
- Adobe Create Suite skills
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
All levels of Strategies staff have the same working conditions. For the majority of the time all staff will be working sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.