Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Office Asst
Office Assistant (Part-Time)
New York, NY
We are looking for an organized and efficient Office Assistant to join ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world whose brands include Artstor, Ithaka S R, JSTOR, and Portico. As an Office Assistant, you’ll support the Office Manager and manage receiving, storage, and a well maintained record of inventory. Our ideal candidate is attentive, energetic, and hardworking.
This is a part-time position expected to work approximately 10 hours per week.
- Replenish inventory in the kitchens, copy areas, and conference rooms with appropriate supplies for each area. Check area throughout the day. Maintain kitchens to be tidy and clean.
- Receive, count, and verify all deliveries to the actual order. If items are on back order, notify your manager.
- Pack and unpack items for storage in the storage rooms located on two floors (17 & 18).
- Storage rooms need to be kept neat and orderly.
- Ensure the office equipment and kitchen appliances are operational.
- Notify Office Manager of any facility concerns, areas in need of attention (i.e. carpet stains, broken chairs, etc.).
- Assist the Office Manager with backup phone coverage and other support as needed.
Experience and Skills
- Physically capable of routinely bending to lift and move items up to 50 pounds (i.e. boxes, inventory, files, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Work for ITHAKA
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.