Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position will be located in Hauppauge, NY.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manger this position provides direction to General Contractor regarding quality, safety, and general day to day operations. This is site based position and is the day to day first line of contact with craft labor on the project site.
- Monitors the activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craftwork, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements
- Ensures that subordinates are trained on and aware of specifications and work procedures and are utilized to ensure optimal efficiency
- Maintains effective schedule and cost control of craft personnel
- Plans required work activity to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available when needed
- Responsible for safety of supervised personnel; ensures that craft personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and that they practice safe work habits
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
- High School diploma is required
- 8 years of construction site experience is required
- 3 or more years as a general foreman is required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required
- User skills inside the Microsoft Suite of tools is required
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Ability to read electronic scheduling tools such as P6 is preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.