JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior EHS Manager in New York, NY at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
JLL is seeking a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our team in New York City.
- Manage all aspects of EH&S training from reporting, tracking, maintaining, developing, and providing training to the account.
- Provide Safety Training (train the trainer) to ensure that facility teams (both site specific and portfolio-wide) receive required training, including but not limited to: Confined Space, Power truck, Ergonomics.
- Support behavioral based safety training program (SafeStart)
- Oversee the tracking and monitoring of EH&S performance metrics and manage all EH&S reporting.
- Ensure AIMS entries are done on time, account KPIs are maintained, OSHA logs are accurate, and all incidents and injuries are escalated on time.
- Analyze and track audits - make regular reports
- Create, develop and implement EH&S policies, practices and programs at the site level.
- Provide guidance and advice on EH&S management at all levels on the account.
- Provide technical advice on all relevant EHS issues to the account team and on changes in legislation that will impact service delivery.
- Lead EH&S standards to prevent accidents, incidents and events that could harm employees and/or property of client.
- EH&S related investigations and root cause analyses (RCAs).
- Provide direct support to JLL employees on all matters related to industry EH&S compliance, as well as specific client compliance or site-specific operating requirements.
- Promote and develop a positive Health and Safety culture at all levels throughout the account.
- Support sites during audits from client, corporate, EH&S staff, as well as outside agencies such as OSHA, fire/building departments, health inspectors, air quality inspectors, and insurance representatives.
- Manage contractor safety programs. Ensuring programs are in place and manage a third-party supplier ISNetWorld/PICS to assist.
- Support OSHA VPP recertification process as requested by the client.
- Support the health and safety sections for the Engineering Services Compliance Program.
- Support and assist sites with root cause investigations and near miss presentations.
- Conduct Health and Safety Systems inspections and audit workplace standards and activities.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Degree in a related area or equivalent combination of education and relevant field experience required; Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Proven experience in the implementation and management of EHS programs and management systems required, preferably within facility operations.
- 5 years of experience in comparable EH&S program required; 8 years prior experience preferred
- Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Practical working knowledge of Health and Safety tools and techniques, ideally within a Facilities Management environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant standards, legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
- Presentation skills to deliver specialist advice at all levels and to deliver localized training to staff as required.
- Strong organizational skills, information management proficiency and collaborative management style are needed.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and related best practice.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to work through and identify the root cause of any EHS problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out an audit and gather objective evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records.
- General industry OSHA 10/30 Hour Instructor a plus; OSHA certification and applicable certifications desired (CHM, CSHM, CIH, CSP, CEP)
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.