Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water / Wastewater Resident Engineer
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: (1) providing construction project oversite using knowledge of general engineering and construction principles and practices to interpret, organize, coordinate, communicate and execute assignments as necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives defined by the client, (2) ensuring work is performed and completed in strict accordance with the contract documents, (3) acting as a technical advisor to the Owner and other team members, (4) teaching and mentoring less experienced engineers and other team members, and (5) other tasks as may be required.
The candidate will also be responsible for delivering for assigned projects including; scope, schedule and budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop Project Management Plans (PMP) for assigned projects
- Provide construction management oversight during all phases of the project
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Prepare and update cost estimates
- Prepare and maintain project budgets
- Develop and implement project specific QA programs
- Manage sub-consultants and technical resources
- Coordinate and interface with the client and project team
- Prepare bid packages and assist with contractor procurement
- Develop and coordinate project scopes
- Oversee and manage assigned staff
- Prepare, monitor and update schedules and budgets
- Develop and prepare extra work order requests and open-end contract task proposals
- Review and approve contractor invoicing
- Participate in client presentations
- Coordinate and assist Section Heads, Office Managers, and Practice Leaders with marketing proposals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, architectural or a related field from an accredited engineering, construction management or architectural program
- NYS Professional Engineer License
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- 10+ years’ experience in a construction related discipline, 5 of which must have been on a water/wastewater related construction project
- CCM or PMP certificate preferred
- LEED AP preferred
- Experience working with city, county state or federal governmental agencies preferred
- Project management and business development experience preferred
- Experience with various project delivery methods i.e. Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3 preferred
- Experience managing multidiscipline project teams preferred
Work is performed in both an office and field (construction) environment. Office to field time is approximately 25% to 75% respectively. Field work requires climbing, walking and standing at a construction site and may be outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required.
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.