Latham & Watkins LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Senior Specialist - Global Litigation & Trial
at Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Business Development Senior Specialist – Global Litigation & Trial Department to join our dynamic team. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
As part of the team, you will work closely with our Global Practice Group Chairs and partners to drive client-focused business development, branding, and marketing goals for the Global Litigation & Trial Department. The Global Litigation & Trial Department is comprised of attorneys with a diverse portfolio of expertise in the following practice areas: Antitrust & Competition, Complex Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Securities Litigation & Professional Liability, and White Collar Defense & Investigations, among others.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic marketing objectives of the Global Litigation & Trial Department, with the aim of strengthening our internal and external brand, and ultimately winning new business. This role will require qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand the current market landscape, market trends, Latham’s position in the market, and potential opportunities as the key drivers of the Global Litigation & Trial Department’s strategic marketing. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, an ability and desire to be creative in a corporate environment, and keen attention to detail. You will be expected to collaborate with attorneys, BD colleagues, and personnel in various departments across the firm to execute on the responsibilities outlined below.
- Operate as the Litigation & Trial Practice Development Team’s marketing and writing advisor.
- Create and maintain marketing collateral that effectively communicates Latham’s key differentiators.
- Team with BD colleagues to develop bespoke content for high-stake pitch opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for marketing and campaign ideas to increase both internal and external brand awareness, including webinars, thought leadership series, and high-exposure conferences and seminars.
- Prepare brand messaging for key internal and external meetings.
- Lead drafting for select directory and award submissions.
- Partner with the Global Brand & Communications team to ensure coverage of successful matters, initiatives, and products internally and externally in accordance with the firm's public relations policies.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
A key to Latham’s success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our “one-firm firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our offices worldwide that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Marketing or related field required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related subject matter and related marketing experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience working within the practice of litigation preferred.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding opportunity, but will also earn a world class total compensation package, including eligibility for a bonus awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can also participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more. In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and participate in a PTO program that provides for the accrual of 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
We encourage you to apply!