Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant, Corporate East
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
The Accountant will assist the Assistant Controller in directing and executing all accounting functions. These functions will include, but are not limited to, establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures, overseeing the preparation and evaluation of daily, weekly, and monthly financial operating reports and presenting findings and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Participate in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget-to-actual reports
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items
- More complicated work can include consolidations of domestic and foreign entities
- Reconcile general ledgers, post journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Accruals, fixed-assets, revenue recognition & variance analysis
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and post eliminating journal entries
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents. Verify and analyze business records, transactions, and procedures
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned general ledger accounts and balance sheets
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarify information, and prepare supporting data
- Work closely with intercompany partners on intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare audit schedules and filing sales/use tax forms in multi-state environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX required
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
5 years of progressive accounting experience