Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Community Manager
at Likeable Media
As an Associate Community Manager at Likeable Media, you will help respond to and engage with large, enthusiastic brand communities. This is your chance to spend all day on Social Media-- and get paid for it. You will assist our full-time Community Managers, gaining hands-on, real world professional work experience (the kind that will make your friends jealous and your resume shine). You will have access to amazing networking opportunities and have the opportunity to be mentored by some real social media pros, learning the skills that can’t be taught in a classroom. We’re flexible with your work schedule, and expect you to be as well.
This role is ideal for driven students that want some real work experience for their resumes (and get paid for it); and that ultimately want to go into Social Media, PR, and Customer Relations.
Expectations: This is not a typical internship. We’re looking for students who attend NYC area schools, are willing to commute to the city, and can work 15 hours per week (including some weekend and evening work). There is a monthly stipend AND college credit can be earned! We are looking for a minimum of a three month commitment but would prefer longer.
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day to day obligations will be:
- Monitoring, managing, and updating clients’ pages.
- Crafting personable responses to comments on clients social media accounts, starting conversations, and fostering connections.
- Developing monthly/bi-monthly analyses and reports for clients.
- Researching new platforms, existing networks, blogger outreach, and competitor analysis.
- Reading relevant industry news and trend updates regularly.
Skills/Qualities: In order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills/qualities:
- Grammatical proficiency
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- An enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Know when to ask questions
- Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Facebook ad platform, and Facebook Insights is preferred but not required.
Qualities: The position takes a certain type of individual. The ideal candidate is:
- Positive Attitude
- A quick thinker
- A fast learner
- A problem-solver
- A great communicator
- A self-starter
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to take direction well
- A people person
- Instilled with a sense of urgency