Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Photographer & Food Stylist
at Likeable Media
As the Senior Photographer and Food Stylist at Likeable, you play an integral role in projects big, small and yummy. You’re responsible for making food look visually stunning (both in how you style it and how you photograph it), while also maintaining recipe integrity and adhering to client’s brand style. Your work doesn’t always involve sweet treats, though, as our lead photographer, your work will sometimes take you out of the kitchen and on the road.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the creative team to produce photography concepts,
understanding client goals and the brand’s look and feel.
- Direct photoshoots, inclusive of actors and extras; have the people skills to get
what’s needed out of talent; attention to detail on shoots, considering the visual minutiae in each shot
- Capture and process images, with image quality and platform in mind,
using various editing methods;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of photographic best practices and procedures as well as design principles such as framing and color
- Food style shoots for Likeable’s extensive brand portfolio of food clients
- Providing photo editing direction to art director and designers as needed
- Maintain prop and equipment inventory documentation
- Archive images and maintain database for each client
- Manage a photography assistant, providing delegation, insight and direction
- Keep up to date on photography trends and and provides solutions on how to translate to social media content
- Proven professional shooting experience
- Intimate knowledge of the latest visual food trends, passion for food content and a proven track record of creating content that fits within a specific editorial voice and aesthetic
- Understanding on how to make food appetizing for both food and video shoots, utilizing food styling techniques to ensure best results.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven, team player
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Organized before, during and after shoots to end product is delivered.
- Photography degree and 3-5 years of professional experience
- 3+ years of food experience at a top lifestyle website, publication or channel
- Eye-catching portfolio
- Knowledge of retouching and photo manipulation techniques
- Proficient with traditional and modern equipment
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One or other photography specific software
- Competency in applying photographic best practices and techniques
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment