The PSS reports to the End User Experience Manager and is the 2nd level of Helpdesk support. The PSS’s primary responsibility is to support and enable the attorney’s workflow at the desktop, smart phone and remote access level. The PSS will follow up on calls escalated from the Helpdesk and systemic issues. Additionally the PSS is responsible for shoulder to shoulder training in the context of the attorney or other end-users time, from on-boarding to off-boarding.
- Ensure that lawyers and staff in assigned practice group consistently receive high quality technical support services from the tier 1 help desk and other tier 3 resources in the IT department.
- Floor Support: Walk floors and follow up on calls escalated from the Helpdesk and outstanding and/or systemic issues, schedule appointments with end-users to meet at a convenient time. If necessary, escalate to the next level of support and attend Practice group meetings as needed. Coordinate the distribution of media supplies – laptops, mobile devices and accessories. Work in conjunction with AV Team to set up technology in conference rooms, including but not limited to, video and audio collaboration.
- On-boarding /Off-boarding: Setup/remove hardware/software and mobile devices upon arrival and departure. For onboarding – assist with first login: set printers and e-signature; change login password; setup mobile device and telephone.
- Practice Specific: Attends group meetings. Understands work capacity. Communicates effectively with Attorneys, administrative support and legal assistants in a timely fashion. Provide presentations to assigned practice group prior to release of new Software or technology.
- Training: Offers shoulder to shoulder training in which practice area concierge will personally engage with staff in order to identify practice specific needs. Always provides onboarding and constant proactive evolution training.
- Helpdesk Support: Troubleshoots resolves or escalates to the next level of support which may require speaking to a vendor’s technical support team, searching online databases, software help files or other available sources. Log work on the Helpdesk ticketing platform. Maintain records of all equipment used by the end user working in and away from the office. Coordinate a/v collaboration in conference rooms.
- Telecom Support: Reassigns attorney-secretary telephone assignments as requested by Human Resources. Helps to resolve end-user voicemail issues.
- Software Support: Support all phases of problem diagnosis and resolution. Participates in the evaluation, testing and quality assurance of new software applications and updates from training and end-user point of view. Communicates to practice group on forthcoming upgrades.
- Provide constructive feedback to the tier 1 help desk allowing them to improve the quality of service.
- Provide individualized training, as required.
- Support on-boarding and off-boarding process for authorized system users at the firm.
- Develop strong working relationship with attorneys and staff in assigned practice groups.
- Provide support as required to the packaging team to test and ensure application interoperability for desktop and mobile.
- Work collaboratively with management on the resolution of support issues.
- Develop a complete understanding of the desktop and mobile operating systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate practice group needs to other IT members.
- A High School diploma required; a bachelor’s degree preferred (focus on Information Systems).
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience required working within an IT service desk, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Experience with a document management system (ideally NetDocuments);
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat, document comparison (Litera Change Pro) or similar, financial applications such as DTE and Elite.
- Experience with remote device support including Blackberry, Mobile Phones, MobileIron, Citrix, RSA and, Avaya Phone system/IP telephony.
- Understanding of and demonstrated experience in customer service environment.
- Exellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.