Memorial Sloan Kettering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Leader, Patient Revenue
at Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Requisition ID
- Professional - Finance
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Physician Billing Department is seeking a Group Leader, Patient Revenue to assist the Supervisor in the day to day functions of the team to ensure timely completion of departmental responsibilities and goals. The Group Lead acts as an expert resource to staff in systems proficiency, interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Participate as an effective member of the Revenue Operations Leadership Team.
- Assist the Supervisor in reviewing and setting priorities; organize and delegate work to team of specialists.
- Take part in the training and development of new and existing staff; provide feedback to Supervisor on new and existing employee’s performance and job knowledge.
- Update departmental records with new and existing charge entry policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills.
- Work collaboratively on shared assignments with peers.
- Demonstrate adaptability to support daily operations by re-distributing assignments and/or applying cross-coverage.
- Perform routine audits on completed work by specialist to ensure departmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Persistent in completing tasks, even in the face of challenges.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance operational workflows.
- A Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in data entry and Healthcare Billing.
- Strong communication, both written and verbally.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using Healthcare Applications preferred (ie: EPIC, IDX, EMR)
- Detail oriented, well organized and possess the ability to maintain accuracy and production under pressure to meet departmental goals and deadlines.
- Proficient in planning and prioritizing work to meet departmental goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships across within the Patient Revenue Team, Clinical Practices, and Physicians.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.