Memorial Sloan Kettering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Writer/Editor, Development (Email Communications)
at Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Requisition ID
- Professional - Development
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Development is seeking a Writer/Editor to join their dynamic team.
The Writer/Editor will play a key role in writing recruitment, fundraising, stewardship, and impact communications for the Development office with a focus on MSK’s Fundraising Events: Cycle for Survival, Fred’s Team, and Kids Walk for MSK Kids. This is an exciting time to join our team, which is rapidly innovating and expanding our communications strategy. The writer/editor will work with multiple stakeholders to communicate meaningful messages, mainly through email and website content.
***Please include cover letter, resume, and writing samples in one PDF***
- Craft marketing messages for multiple audiences—ranging from small groups to 300,000+ people—including event participants, donors, and potential donors
- Be involved at every stage of the philanthropy experience: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation to reach recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Write and edit marketing and digital communications—often mass communications email copy—that informs audiences about the events, motivates them to give or raise money, and differentiates MSK as the world leader in cancer care and research.
- Align on strategy, content calendar, and deliverables with a growing team.
- Actively engage in all aspects of the writing process with close attention to detail—including?research, writing, and editing. ?
- Translate complex information into clear, easy-to-understand copy. ?
- A talented writer/editor who can pivot effectively between different programs, projects, voices, and channels without losing track of accuracy or goals—and should be as comfortable filling a blank page as editing someone else’s draft. ?
- Detail-oriented and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with enthusiasm and efficiency.
- Collaborative in the true sense of the word—interested in learning from colleagues, working together to ensure the best outcome possible, and someone who takes significant pride in individual success, as well as the success of the team.
- Innovative and curious about digital content best practices.
- Able to write effectively under tight deadlines and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- An organized team player who’s always excited to pitch in and help when needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years related work experience in marketing communications and email copywriting.
- Proven experience tailoring content for different platforms and audiences.
- Strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Past experience at a nonprofit, fundraising event, or academic medical center is a plus.
- A basic understanding of scientific and medical concepts, and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and compelling lay language. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.