MIQ Logistics, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Lane Development Director
at MIQ Logistics, LLC
Jamaica, NY - JFK
This Noatum Logistics USA Trade Lane Development Director is responsible for growing the company’s global third-party logistics (3PL) business in the East Mediterranean/Turkey to/from the USA trade lanes. This is a new position based on business opportunities resulting from MIQ Logistics joining the Noatum Logistics organization.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong import/export ocean (NVOCC) and air transportation skill set, bringing value to the industry and prospective clients with compelling value-added propositions that foster strong relationships. These solutions include customs brokerage, P.O./vendor management, I.T. services, consolidation/CFS, tied with international transportation.
A strong track record in Business Development, managing territories, budgets, and building internal team-work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Noatum Logistics USA's growth in the East Mediterranean/Turkey to/from the USA trade lanes by developing new business in international ocean and air freight forwarding, and supply chain business.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific business plans to exceed margin and volume goals.
- Understand and communicate current market conditions and business trends to create strategies that will increase company margins.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with internal teams to develop and execute business development strategies for new and existing customers.
- Report on performance as required, with insight into changes to customer performance and market impact factors.
- Manage business development programs as assigned to promote business between specific countries and/or product offerings.
- Account management responsibility with larger, national and/or vertical accounts.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in 3PL international freight forwarding
- Proven track record of new and existing business development in ocean and air freight forwarding and supply chain management services, including strong closing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the international freight forwarding and supply chain management industry and existing relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, time management, and ability to work independently
- Strong desire to improve Noatum Logistics business performance, and further Noatum Logistics product and brand development, with an excellent ability to work in a multi-national environment to develop the network
- Experience in using CRM systems and customer call cycle planning
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to speak two or more languages is beneficial
- Ability to travel as required
Noatum Logistics USA (formerly MIQ Logistics)
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics USA, is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of logistics professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many more. With operations in North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Noatum Logistics is a leading provider of supply chain management and global logistics services in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Over the years, our business has seen many changes. What has not changed is our steadfast commitment to service excellence and improving our customers' bottom-line performance.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our first priority and at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers’ business. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics USA, www.noatumlogistics.com or www.miq.com.