Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Middle Office Analyst
at Mizuho OSI
Loan Middle Office Analyst, AVP
About the Team
The Credit Administration Unit (CAU) fulfills specific middle-office functions that support the bank’s business promotion divisions, which originate loans that are recorded on the books of MHBK Ltd. and MHBK (USA). Through its Facility Management Section, 1) fulfills a check and balance function, serving as a control function between the front office and loan back office, in order to ensure that required loan documents submitted for the facility booking process are approved, and consistently reflect the approved terms and conditions of the transaction, and 2) through its Trade Finance Section, manages and supports Trade Finance Products and related operations. CAU accomplishes this through active interaction with the Business Promotion Divisions and the Loan Administration Unit of ABOD.
CAU also performs post facility booking monitoring functions which include expiry date monitoring for Collateral and Guaranty's, UCC filings, Insurance Certificates, Time Deposits, etc., Covenant compliance monitoring, and Provisional monitoring (monitoring of receipt of outstanding loan documents).
CAU provides a vault custody function for loan documentation, as well managing the effort of pledging eligible commercial loans to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Discount Window, under the MHBK Ltd, and MHBK (USA) approved Borrower-in-Custody programs.
The Loan Middle Office Analyst is responsible for providing loan administrative support to staff in the Business Promotion Units. This position involves a wide range of administrative duties to include the processing of transactions related to corporate loans. The functions include but are not limited to processing new, renewed, amended and restructured loan / letter of credit facilities, monitoring / maintaining Covenant Compliance, UCC, Collateral, Insurance and Guarantor expiry date information. Provide support as called upon during audits and designated special projects.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Business Promotion Units and Credit Division to ensure timely processing of transactions related to Corporate Customers.
- Create documentation related to operational processes in CAU (i.e. FIS, LIS, CCL, etc.).
- Provide Business Promotion Units and other Mizuho units with a contact point to discuss open issues, pending transactions and provide guidance in all operations related to CAU activities.
- Assist with the preparation of audit confirmations.
- Act as a liaison between the Business Promotion and Loan Administration Units.
- Support the efforts of the VP and above with maintaining / generating reports as required.
- Participate in all efforts related to business continuity and audits.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the applicable rules and regulations that govern the Bank. Understand that all questions and/or clarification about such rules and regulations should be directed to the Americas Legal and Compliance Department. Attend Annual Compliance Training presented by the Americas Legal and Compliance Department. Read and respond as necessary to all compliance-related reference and directive materials received. Comply with the Bank’s “Code of Conduct”.
- 5 years’ experience in Corporate Banking.
- Strong organizational / communication skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with Customers, Account Officers and other bank personnel.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and a team oriented person.
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word and Excel).
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
At Mizuho, we provide the stability of an international industry leader with the career trajectory of a growing business. Our steady, strategic growth gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a boutique firm or an established giant could offer alone.
It’s the local expertise of our employees that makes our global network so powerful. By collaborating with colleagues and clients who have your same ambition and drive, you can amplify your sphere of influence and base of knowledge as part of one of the largest—and growing—banks in the world.
For more information, please view our Recruiting Brochure.