Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Implementation Analyst-EDI (IT-Managed Care)
at MultiPlan, Inc.
EDI professionals -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have over 1 million healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
As an EDI Analyst, you will be responsible for the technical support of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Web Services processes. This includes the daily monitoring of file processing, the troubleshooting of issues impacting successful receipt or delivery of client files, the setup and testing of new trading partners, and general customer support of issues called in to the Service Desk.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Participate in implementation meetings with clients and vendors committed to establishing an EDI partnership with MPI.
- Provide HIPAA-compliant guidance to trading partners requesting additional information about MPI requirements and industry standards for EDI protocols.
- Ensure proper setup of the EDI tools and systems that support file transfer between MPI and new trading partners.
- Conduct necessary testing and in-depth analysis to resolve any potential issues prior to rolling trading partners into the production environment.
- Constructively present testing results and propose adjustments that will improve service delivery to our clients and strengthen our ongoing partnership.
- Monitor, audit, and report on the processing of newly implemented trading partners to confirm their successful transition to the production environment.
- Decommission trading partners as needed
- Monitor the production environment and proactively prioritize, communicate, and resolve any EDI process or system issues.
- Partner with other IT teams to implement enhancements and defect fixes.
- Use access to data and personal observation to identify potential process improvement opportunities.
- Communicate potential solutions to management.
- Implement solutions.
- Report progress & measurements of success to Mgt.
Prepare and maintain documentation that defines operational procedures, describes client requirements, and shares relevant analysis outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
Support clients and trading partners with their non-standard requests for ad hoc reports, testing analysis and other technical deliverables
Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal colleagues (including IT, Sales and Marketing, and Operations) and external contacts
Support Manager with team goals and corporate strategies as well as assist with the training and coaching of Level I staff
Provide coverage for other team members as needed; some on-call support duties may be required on a part time or rotating basis
Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
MultiPlan offers opportunity. Recognition. And satisfaction.
At MultiPlan, our employees are instrumental to our success and we reward them accordingly. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program, service recognition awards and an employee recognition program that honors individuals whose achievements go above and beyond even our high expectations.
One of our top priorities is the career development of our employees. We place a strong emphasis on promotion from within and on educational programs. To foster your professional development and growth, our Corporate Education and Development offers you several skills training opportunities to fit your schedule and help you succeed at MultiPlan.
We focus on creating a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. We offer flex-time as needed to interested employees where feasible. We plan occasional social activities, such as holiday events, where our employees can spend time with their colleagues and we support and encourage employee participation in charitable giving activities.
We're glad that you have taken the time to get acquainted with MultiPlan and hope that you will consider joining our team.
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Join the MultiPlan Talent Network today to stay up-to-date on our available opportunities
What is a Talent Network?
As an EDI Analyst, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of work experience and technical training
- 3+ years progressively responsible experience in a technical production or applications support role
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of HIPAA EDI protocols, X12 and 837 formats
- Exposure and general understanding of Healthcare claims processing
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Prior experience with EDI / Web Services or similar file transfer protocols.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in a technical implementation capacity
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple requests at once
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prior experience working on a cross functional project team desired
- Understanding of internet applications and networks desired
- Knowledge of Healthcare Business Systems desired
- Experience with mapping tools such as Gentran, Pervasive or Claredi desired
- Experience managing customer and/or vendor relationships desired
As an EDI Analyst with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.