New York City Department of Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Imaging/Mobile Device Management (MDM) Specialist
at New York City Department of Education
This title is in a Civil Service competitive class that is subject to examination. Position is only open to candidates with permanent NYC Civil Service status as Computer Associate (Software).
(Those who previously applied need not re-apply)
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Devices and Imaging Team Manager, the Imaging/Mobile Device Management (MDM) Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day Imaging and Mobile Device Management (MDM) work. This position will be responsible for requirements gathering, test plan development, application testing, and creation of integration procedures, and will create and maintain system operating system (OS) configuration for MDM enrollment as well as high-quality deliverables articulating requirements, configurations, and test plans. The MDM Specialist is responsible for average inventory related tasks. Performs related work.
Reports to: Devices and Imaging Team Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Relationships: Interacts with team members of the Devices and Imaging, Infrastructure, Server Operations, and Security teams as well as Borough Technology Directors and field staff. Interacts with all levels of management staff and project teams to facilitate the resolution of problems and competing priorities. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vendor interactions will account for fifty percent of the communications.
- Participates actively in the requirements gathering, design, and build phases delivering high- quality deliverables.
- Interfaces with users, sponsors, and all other stakeholders in order to determine evolving requirements, feasibility, and interoperability in the existing Enterprise infrastructure.
- Coordinates with vendors and internal stakeholders to understand image requirements, build, test, and deploy images, and synthesize technical requirements.
- Generates a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers and test engineers, which determine that all high-level requirements have been met.
- Acts as lead in validating of PC/Mac/Chrome and Mobile Device configuration and application compatibility with current and new applications being adopted.
- Works with other internal groups on application and configuration enhancements and integration with our dynamic environment.
- Leads execution of test plan to assert application functionality and performance in DOE school environments (wireless, wired, browser types, plugins, etc.).
- Documents test plan results and coordinates “lessons learned” sessions with internal teams and vendor partners.
- Leads projects on improvement of internal processes for imaging and device management.
- Works with OEM vendors to resolve issues identified and maintain tracking documentation.
- Documents hardware platform capabilities and creates application/platform compatibility matrix.
- Provides direction to field teams, school technicians, and other stakeholders with how to use imaging and MDM tools.
- Oversees and trains interns in the use imaging and MDM tools.
Position is only open to candidates with permanent NYC Civil Service status as Computer Associate (Software).
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements, individuals must have an additional two years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, maintenance and support, systems programming, data communications, mainframe development, mobile development, web development, and design.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience writing integration scripts for execution; self-starter with the ability to take initiative when working with vendors and business users.
- Ability to modify style or behavior to accomplish tasks, overcome stressful situations, and produce successful results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert in documenting technical requirements.
- Experience with developing comprehensive technical test plans to assert functional and operational requirements including performance.
- Background in image creation and Mobile OS.
- Experience in deploying applications in large enterprise environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 10; Mac OS X 10.3 – 10.14.x; Android; Chrome OS; and IOS.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft MDT / SCCM / Intune, JAMF, Google Management Console, and Apple School Manager or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of popular web browsers, including Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, etc.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Knowledge of networking, including IP address and high-level analysis of network captures.
- Knowledge of network services such as DNS, DHCP, Network File System, and printing services.
- Experience with education or other online learning environments.
- General hardware knowledge of printers, monitors, Wi-Fi, and other peripherals.
(Internal candidates who are selected for this position and who currently hold comparable or less senior positions within the DOE will not make less than their current salary.)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted until position through September 5, 2019, until 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a program.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO