National HealthCare Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA - Per Diem
at National HealthCare Associates
CNA - Per Diem
Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation
1440 Port Washington Blvd, Port Washington, New York 11050
Certified Nursing Assistant
MAJOR PURPOSE: Performs routine tasks as assigned by the Charge Nurse and provides assistance to professional nursing staff in order to meet the personal needs and comfort of the resident. Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and Nursing Policies and Procedures.
- Preferably a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in English and have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment.
- Certified Nursing Assistant consistent with the State Public Health Code. Registered in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required -- bending, stooping, turning, stretching, and reaching above the shoulders are involved.
- Must be able to reposition, transfer, lift and support the patient's body weight.
Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.