New York & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New York & Company
Responsible for the overall product direction and performance of a group of merchandise categories. Develop a product line that represents the Brand and is aligned with the company’s merchandise strategy for each delivery.
- Drive strategic buy decisions and business performance of merchandise categories through early planning and strategy implementation.
- Oversee, coach and direct Merchants and Associate Merchants on buy decisions for a group of merchandise categories.
- Partner with Design on product assortment and develop line plan to achieve and exceed financial goals.
- Work with Merchandise Planning to select key items and develop a seasonal plan that utilizes historical performance and current business data.
- Collaborate with Sourcing on vendor resource, calendar and costing strategies to facilitate production planning.
- Partner with Marketing, Visual Merchandising and Stores to provide product knowledge and strategies needed to drive strong traffic and sales
- Manage in-season business by analyzing sales information to identify opportunities for increasing sales and improving margins.
- Focus on developing customer intimacy skills through regular store visits and competitive shopping; apply findings to buy strategies.
- Conduct patterning activities to understand the competition; shop and conduct regular scans of benchmark competitors to identify opportunities and challenges for in-season business and future season line planning.
- Build constructive and effective relationships with peers and cross-functional partners.
- Provide appropriate coaching and feedback to foster improved performance and individual growth.
Merchants, Associate Merchants, Assistant Merchants
- 7-10 years of related work experience in Merchandising/Buying
- Strong financial acumen and retail math skills
- Acute sense of brand and customer intimacy
- High taste level with proven talent to envision and interpret fashion trends
- Broad-based business acumen
- Strategic and analytical thinker with intellectual agility
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to identify, develop and retain top talent
- Bachelor’s Degree