NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medication Safety & Quality Specialist
at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medication Safety & Quality Specialist.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for overseeing medication safety and quality practices for NYU Medical Center and for growing NYULMC into an institution for excellence in medication-use safety and quality outcomes.
- Promotes a Just Culture
- Collaboratively coordinates interdisciplinary meetings for the Medication Safety Committee, its medication error review subcommittee, and smart infusion pump subcommittee
- Serve as an internal consultant to investigate medication safety events or issues and develop recommendations for action
- Provide education and coaching related to behaviors that promote the safe use of medications
- Supervise the optimization of medication-related clinical decision alerts in health care technology systems
- Manage the change control process for the hospitals smart pump library
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and trend data from health care technology systems (including the electronic medical record, pharmacy dispensing systems, and the smart pump system) as related to medication-use safety, pharmacist verification quality, and medication-use outcomes
- Coordinate and track medication safety and quality projects by defining objective, scope, deliverables, and milestones; identifying stakeholders; planning tasks and activities; ensuring the availability of resources to accomplish goals in a timely manner; and ensuring all stakeholders provide directives on time
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree and Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) with PGY1 pharmacy residency, 5 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination.
The individual must be either Licensed as a pharmacist in the state of NY or eligible for licensure. If only eligible, then we can provide a 6 month window to obtain NYS licensure .
Knowledge of medication safety principles and quality improvement methodologies Experience leading health care quality improvement initiatives, including conducting proactive risk assessments (e.g., failure mode and effects analysis) and adverse event investigations (e.g., root cause analysis) Previous training or certification in project management and team building Experience with Epic electronic medical record system and Alaris infusion systems
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.