NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED+F)
The mission of Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED+F) Department is to plan, develop, operate and maintain the campus of NYU Langone Health and provide the foundation for its growth and success in the 21st century. RED+F provides strategic campus planning and project development services, including architectural studies, programming, design, construction and associated infrastructure and technological upgrades, for new structures and renovations to existing structures on the NYU Langone Health campus.
The Department also operates and manages all facilities, infrastructure and related support services across the medical center.
RED+F is composed of the Real Estate, Housing, Planning & Project Development, Facilities Operations & Management, Finance & Administration, Campus Security, Environmental Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Radiation Safety and Clinical Engineering divisions.
Responsible for coordinating/managing administrative activities in support of departmental initiatives and special projects; ensures efficient administrative operations.
- Supports Finance and Administration team in a multitude of special projects, performs general administrative activities/tasks, assists teams in an administrative project management capacity.
- Maintains cost reports for administrative expenses
- Assists management in presentations by preparing materials, organizing meetings, maintain minutes and follow-up on open items.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying administrative spending trends
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Maintains monthly newsletter and sends ad-hoc communications on behalf of Sr Management
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Supports Leadership in problem solving and project planning/coordination to ensure efficient services. Assists in the development and execution of goals and objectives, and serves as a primary point of contact for all administrative issues.
- Maintains schedules/calendars, screens and handles telephone communications; evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events including Employee Engagement activities, as required, including identifying needed resources and arranging for required support (i.e. Technical, A/V, etc) for meetings and events.
- Researches and analyzes data related to administrative functions: supply/inventory management, payroll, scheduling, budget, clinical/regulatory compliance, etc. Prepares a variety of communications, reports, charts, written documents, etc detailing the findings which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for assigned office(s), as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree required with 2 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills. Knowledge of standard office software is essential, including proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software (e.g., Microsoft Office, preferred). Ability to multi-task and/or coordinate multiple assignments is required. Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures, and effectively communicate detailed information to a diverse population, both verbally and in writing; excellent problem-solving skills is required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.