NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Management Assistant-Pricer
at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Management Assistant-Pricer.
In this role, the Revenue Management Assistant-Pricer performs charge entry activities on all assigned inpatient and outpatient accounts audited by the Revenue Management Department (RMD). The Pricer adds/removes charges identified by the Code Based Reimbursement Analyst and Clinical Charge Audit Analyst and calculates the expected revenue opportunity.
- Accurately enter all charge discrepancies on designated accounts in addition to assigning accurate payment reimbursement on designated accounts.
- Assigns accurate payment methodologies from contract matrix, based on payer reimbursement methodology, assuring correct and accurate reimbursement. Identifies and posts correct revenue codes and department- cost centers.
- Reviews managed care contracts to improve understanding of contract terminology.
- Coordinates and performs follow-up on all medical record requests, serves as a liaison between the RMD auditors and the Health Information Management (HIM) Department.
- Facilitates late charge reconciliation, assigns late charges in the hospital billing system to the appropriate Auditor and coordinates monitoring of duplicate charge review. Performs follow-up to ascertain the charges are accurate.
- Runs reports and uploads patient data into data base. Refers issues, questions and reports findings to the appropriate party.
- FTPs database files to IRM website on a weekly basis and whenever necessary.
- Works collaboratively and shares necessary tools and resources to accomplish goals.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma is required. A minimum of two years of data entry experience (both alpha and numeric) in healthcare related field preferred. Experience with PCs, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and database software applications are desired.Strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills.Ability to understand insurance terms, contract language (e.g. HMO, PPO, exclusions, and percent of charges), medical records, hospital bills, and the charge master. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical supplies.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.