NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Veterinary Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for monitoring research animals housed in animal facilities; maintains clinical records. Performs assigned technical duties and services in support of the Veterinary Service department. Maintains inventory of pharmaceutical, surgical and animal-related supplies. Assists with ensuring departmental and regulatory compliance.
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE Maintains an awareness of regulatory requirements applicable to responsibilities. Ensures necessary documentation is correct and maintained up-to-date. Ensures that procedures meet requirements set by federal and state agencies, as well as NYULMC's policy on animal welfare.
- INVENTORY CONTROL Ensures adequate supply levels of all items by monitoring the use of item daily and ordering new stock. Receives, checks in materials, and places them into stock in accordance with established procedures. Monitors records of use of controlled substances following federal regulations. Monitors expiration dates for all pharmaceuticals maintained in stock.
- SUPPORT SERVICES. Assists in training investigators to perform routine technical skills. Performs routine technical procedures for investigators upon request. Helps assist investigators with surgical prep, anesthesia administration, anesthesia monitoring, and the monitoring of the post-surgical recovery period. Provides routine post-operative care to laboratory animals.
- DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES Performs routine diagnostic tests as needed ( parasitology, serology); labels test samples accurately to ensure correct identification. Arranges submission of laboratory samples for analysis by outside lab. Helps to maintain the dirty bedding sentinel biosecurity monitoring program.
- CLINICAL ROUNDS Conducts daily rounds to observe condition of animals; documents appropriate information daily, notifies investigators of overcrowded rat or mouse cages and single housed animals. Implements prescribed treatments (medications, diets, etc.) as instructed. Performs routine grooming care when required (nail trimming, teeth clipping, etc.). Implements enrichment program for USDA covered species. Advises investigators of changes in animal health conditions.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors or Associates degree from an accredited Veterinary Science Technology program or in Animal Science. License eligible graduates with a minimum of one years experience, as a veterinary technician will also be considered
Able to speak and write fluent English.
Ability to lift 50 lbs and handle large animals, as needed. Ability to push/pull carts with gross weight in excess of 100 lbs.
A New York State Veterinary Technician License
AALAS certification at the LAT or LATg level
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.