NYU Winthrop Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator - Department of Emergency Management and Enterprise Resilience
at NYU Winthrop Hospital
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Coordinator. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible to manage all administrative and information management functions of the Department of Emergency Management and Enterprise Resilience.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage departmental timekeeping tracking and approval
- Act as primary contact for and direct daily and ongoing correspondence to support departmental administrative and operational needs
- Support operational information management responsibilities using various computer-based systems [e.g., WebEOC, Veoci or similar[. Candidates need not be proficient with these systems; successful candidate will be trained
- Lead planning and logistics for meetings, including agenda preparation, rooms, catering and meeting minutes. Administers departmental scheduling including management of detailed daily work and on-call schedules as needed.
- Manage department finances including budgeting. This task includes budget development, needs analysis, planning, cost tracking and budget negotiations.
- Oversee and manage procurement for the department, including purchasing and requisition of office supplies, administrative and operational equipment. This task includes expense planning, vendor onboarding, vendor negotiations, vendor management and payment. Manages the departments procurement budget and has the authority to manage the budget and spending independently to ensure the needs of the department are met.
- Responsible for developing and presenting non-routine, complex financial, administrative and operational reports using various computer-based systems and critical thinking. Analyzes discrepancies and brings improvement recommendations to management.
- This position has decision-making authority [e.g., budget development & management, vendor selection and procurement decisions] and requires analytical thinking and tasks that provide critical support to emergency management operations that are fiscally and operationally efficient.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration, health care administration or related field. Two years of experience coordinating Project/Programs or programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure. Ability to Project/Program manage and to multi task while paying attention to details.
Preferred Qualifications Masters Degree in Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration or another appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of work experience
Technical proficiency with other computer applications (including but not limited to AMION, WebEOC, VeociFamiliari Interest in Emergency Management or hospital administration
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.