NYU Winthrop Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior I Analyst-Solutions Dev
at NYU Winthrop Hospital
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior I Analyst-Solutions Dev.
In this role, the successful candidate We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior I Analyst for Solutions Development. To qualify you must have a Bachelor*s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of four years of experience and knowledge of NYULMC-supported hardware, software and operating systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering and documenting requirements; defining scope and objectives; analyzing, formulating, designing, developing, reviewing, testing, implementing, and maintaining new processes and other system enhancements to the Oracle Primavera Unifier system to parallel overall business strategies and solutions; identifying problems, research alternatives through testing and consulting with peers; delivering and evaluating group and individual training regarding the use of the Oracle Primavera Unifier system and other systems; assisting in production support resolution as required; defining and conducting system tests and system validation; participating in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation; plus all related job duties as assigned. Excellent communication skills are essential.
Experience in the construction industry with some experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies and production support experience in PeopleSoft ERP Applications preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Work with Application Managers/Directors/etc. and the entire Project Team, to collect, analyze and document business operations and workflow.
- Work with developers to understand and document program development requirements.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with vendors using appropriate tools.
- Collaborate and liaise effectively with colleagues and across teams (business units, technology teams and support teams) to achieve the completion of tasks.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, synthesize high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Make recommendations, review and test changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- Ensure the test scripts have been created, reviewed, and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Support the training initiatives by performing end user training or by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes.
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments.
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to identify impact.
- Demonstrates an understanding of interface requirements and testing.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Ensures all quality assurance processes are followed, including change management and testing efforts.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings, including supporting meeting facilitation.
- Work with operational users and MCIT stakeholders to support their workflows and troubleshoot issues.
- Act as an application lead, responsible for working with vendors, colleagues and users to ensure application is performing as needed, and planning and participating in and leading maintenance and upgrade activities. Must be available to assist colleagues in troubleshooting application issues requiring escalation as needed, especially during off-hours.
- Work with the Application Manager/Director in the assessment of projects for scoping and timelines.
- Troubleshoot problems and address questions from users, and provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Typically requires 4 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, directors, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application requirements.
* Knowledge of NYULMC-supported hardware, software and operating systems.
* Ability to selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
* Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot systems and software.
* Ability to develop systems and solutions for operational problems.
* Exceptional organizational and planning skills, analytical abilities, problem solving, and follow through.
* Ability to interact with business users, testers, and technical support staff.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* Propensity and willingness to learn new technologies and business acumen
* Excellent interpersonal skills; has clear understanding of business procedures; and the ability to work as result oriented team player as well as an individual
* PeopleSoft Financials versions 9.0 and higher a plus. (GL, AP, AM, PO, PC, GM, BI, RE, CC, IN, Workflow and ePro)
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.