Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Account Director
Are you a dynamic innovative sales developer dedicated to global reach and strong client relationship?
Look no further! Oakwood Worldwide is the leading provider of choice in corporate housing and serviced apartments. We are the best at what we do by achieving success for our employees and customers around the world. At Oakwood we value our customer’s comfort and ability to feel at home. We keep our word, we take action, celebrate diversity, work together as a team, and never settle for less! Promoting an empowering work environment is important for us as well as offering competitive compensation and generous benefits package.
The Global Account Director (GAD) is responsible for providing overall prospecting, leadership, and sales strategy for high value, complex global accounts in an effort to increase market share, loyalty and profitability. The GAD is responsible for identifying growth opportunities in collaboration with field sales and operational partners, building long-term, value-based account relationships, mapping all revenue streams to grow share, and driving superior business results. Specific areas of responsibility include establishing, managing and communicating overall account strategies, mapping buyers to accounts, defending and growing market share and revenue targets for assigned accounts, and liaising with relevant cross-discipline operational and sales departments to ensure effective pull-through of account strategies.
What’s in it for you?
You will enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Bonus/Incentive Potential
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
What does a Global Account Director Do?
- Develop and implement the overall global account strategy for each account within the portfolio of assigned accounts in alignment with strategic goals by using the global resources to define clear contact points and opportunities.
- Find, retain and grow account revenue through the implementation of strategic initiatives; coordinate with cross-discipline resources to ensure execution of pull-through strategies and selling solutions in targeted markets.
- Manage account business metrics to increase sales, net profit, existing client retention, conversion and account penetration.
- Manage relationships with the largest buyers in primary buying locations; identify significant national and international buyers in other locations in addition to different segments within account (HR, Business Travel, etc.) and collaborate with account management, and sales team to solicit and generate new business.
- Assist in developing optimal Total Account Management teams that focus on concepts of strategic account management and team-based sales while collaborating with leadership for strategic account support.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnering relationships with key economic buying influencers; act as the customer’s advocate and monitor current and future customer needs, goals and attitudes including competitor activity to guide targeted solution.
- Manage the annual RFP process and lead negotiations with appropriate departments.
- Plan, attend and participate in all relevant customer events, trade shows and business reviews.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of 5 years selling in a B@B environment demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Global sales experience, Account Management experience in complex accounts strongly preferred
- CRM experience especially with Siebel a plus
- Business knowledge with complimentary skills to understand the customers’ business drivers and align to solution.
- Ability to communicate business transformational solutions via sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long-term opportunity management via one-on-one, small and large groups, C-level and face to face.
- Skills in strategic selling; contemporary negotiation; explores positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain the acceptance of all parties.
- Skills in planning, delegating, implementing, managing and improving processes that bring initiatives to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to build alliances and network within the industry to stay abreast of trends and opportunities that will be beneficial to the customer and company; develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to approach problems with open-mindedness, generates innovative ideas and solutions, and stimulates creativity and innovation in others; displays persistent, tenacious and achievement-oriented behaviors.
- Ability to understand all booking platforms available to the client and work with key stakeholders to build and support best model. Understands and manages a large and extended strategic sales cycle, appropriately navigating a complex selling environment.
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated team of highly trained professionals. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
OAKWOOD® is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. OAKWOOD® does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.