Omnicom Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Omnicom Health Group
- Job ID
- US-NY-New York
- Harrison & Star
Art Director (1+ year exp.) Must have strong interest in Pharmaceutical Advertising (Professional market - print/digital)
The Art Director is responsible for independently managing his/her assigned jobs and/or projects on the brand. He/she will work closely with copywriter(s) and other art directors to execute digital and printed tactics while maintaining brand consistency and excellence on all jobs. The Art Director will also ensure that all work is on strategy, and contributes to growing the Client’s business.
- Execute high-quality creative in any media.
- Independently manage assigned jobs and/or projects on the brand from concept/design stage through final production.
- Establish credibility with all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, the brand itself and people involved (i.e. internal client structure, individual responsibilities, and interaction between groups/individuals with respect to their impact on client jobs).
- Drive innovation and integration across all business.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Interact with project managers on all projects in a timely fashion and regularly review all design work with them to ensure budgets, timelines and proper execution are achieved. Own a full understanding of the interactive development process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media including a working knowledge of the print and digital production processes.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of production techniques, options, budget and timing ramifications.
- Keep supervisor briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency/Creative/Account teams.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to seek opportunities/solutions for improvements in the department and agency.
- Advocate the use of technologies that meet the budget of interactive projects.
- Work with account service from beginning of project until the end to make sure all projects meet budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize best practices for print and digital projects.
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging and production) appropriately.
- Evangelize interactive best practices and guide your team members on interactive projects.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Execute examples of interactive design and provide guidance in understanding these materials when appropriate.
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of digital and print design/advertising experience.
- Advertising and/or print and digital design portfolio or website equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production.