Omnicom Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Omnicom Health Group
- Job ID
- US-NY-New York
Position: Director Content
Wanted: A Multi-Tasking Scientist
Who Is Synergy?
Synergy is a full-service scientific strategy and medical communications company based in Conshohocken, PA. We provide medical education services globally to support pharmaceutical products and devices throughout the many phases of their life cycle. Over the last 20 years, we have built long-lasting relationships with medical opinion leaders, patient advocacy groups, and major pharmaceutical companies across Europe, the United States, Latin America, and Asia. In our growing Conshohocken office, our energetic and focused team develops robust communications and strategic solutions for our clients.
Your Role at Synergy
We are seeking a scientist with the potential to lead a group of high-performing colleagues. You will be a senior scientist on our team, touching many client accounts and providing guidance to the internal team when needed. You must work well in an environment where many of your colleagues will not be scientists. You will be a role model to your team, and through your work and actions will demonstrate what it means to be truly driven to excel. You will also be an integral part of helping to shape the future of our agency.
More Details on What You Will Do
- In conjunction with the broader team, understand client needs and the current market to identify and communicate strategic insights to guide client strategy, market shaping, and project execution
- Provide expertise-driven leadership to cross-functional internal brand teams, ensuring the successful implementation of the medical and scientific aspects of assigned brands
- Utilize experience to demonstrate how to incorporate marketing messages at strategic and tactical levels, and ensure everything is grounded in robust science
- Provide brand stewardship, and own brand strategies and objectives, to ensure client satisfaction on assigned accounts
- Clearly and authoritatively communicate medical and scientific information in a concise, audience-appropriate manner
- “Own” the ideation/creation of strategic offerings and work with senior team to recognize opportunities to integrate and sell these offering to clients
- Maintain a program for sound employee relations with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Exhibit strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Demonstrate passion in the development, presentation, integration, and execution of strategic insights
- Maintain a leadership role in supporting initiatives for new and existing business
- Support the project teams by seeing opportunities to keep up-to-date with product information data and developments in the relevant scientific field/therapeutic areas
- Be a hands-on team member
The Skills, Experience, and Traits You Will Need to Be Successful at Synergy
- You are smart and driven to succeed in what you do.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional—typos make you crazy!
- You don’t complain about problems; you see them as opportunities.
- You thrive on “rolling with the punches” and at juggling many tasks.
- You have an advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, RPh, MS, RN, MD) in a scientific/medical discipline. Education in biomedical sciences is preferred.
- You are detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- You don’t just think outside the box; to you, there is no box.
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You understand scientific content with the ability to learn about different therapeutic areas.
- You are someone who is sought out to provide advice.
- You have effective verbal communication skills.
- You have 5 to 8 years of experience working in medical education, medical communications, pharmaceuticals, publishing, or publications planning and development.
- You have 3+ years management/supervisory experience
- You have an intimate knowledge of pharma client guidelines.
- You are proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- You have an intimate knowledge of PubMed/MedLine and ideally, the AMA style guide.
- You are flexible, have effective time management skills, and a positive attitude.
- You are customer service focused.
- You are a team player who is as excited about others’ achievements as you are about your own.
What Does Synergy Offer You?
We offer a stimulating working environment with a small, passionate group of people. We provide a competitive salary with bonus and excellent benefits. We are centrally located in Conshohocken, PA, about 30 minutes northwest of Center City, Philadelphia, and 2 blocks from Spring Mill Station on the Manayunk/Norristown Regional Rail train line. We also offer ongoing training programs through the Omnicom network. You will have the opportunity to shine and excel in a supportive atmosphere.