Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Chief of Anesthesiology
- Regular Full-Time
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals, NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, provides care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
We are located just 15 minutes from the heart of Manhattan and we offer: Sponsorship of Work Visas, Generous, Rich Benefits, Advancement Opportunities and Full Malpractice Coverage...Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of New York State’s largest multispecialty physician groups, focused on delivering exceptional patient-centered care.
Under the direction of the Chief of the department, direct, oversee, manage and evaluate all aspects of clinical services and medical education provided by members of the Division to deliver accredited medical services that meet all medical standards required by law. Full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of departmental goals.
- Foster the academic development of the Division members
- Participate with the Hospital in the development and implementation of mechanisms and measures to optimize the appropriate utilization of medical services, quality assurance and patient satisfaction at the Hospital.
- Participate in other related responsibilities as assigned by the Employer, the Executive Director and/or the Medical Director of the Hospital.
- Plans joint programs and procedures with other departments for coordinating services with other patient care services.
- With the Chairman, establishes services capital equipment needs and capital equipment purchasing plan.
- Evaluates equipment proposals for the Chairman of the department.
- Participates in the Department's Quality Assessment and Improvement Committee.
- Acts as direct supervisor and consultant for all staff assigned to Services.
- Knowledge of Patient Safety requirements.
- Participates in medical educational meetings to improve and provide continuous quality care to our patients.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of department personnel who perform medical/surgical Services.
- Establishes mechanisms for orientating and providing in-service training and continuing education for all persons in Division.
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the Division in order to maintain a satisfactory level of care.
- Prepare division staff schedules.
- Review, approve/deny and sign off on leave of absence requests, including CME.
- Review, Approve/deny and sign off on time sheers and session sheets.
- Prepare monitor and follow up on division performance indicators.
- Prepare strategic planning for the Division.
- Prepare monthly schedules for teaching of students and residents.
- ABMS BC/BE in Anesthesiology
- NYS license in good standing
- Board Certified