Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Attending OB/GYN Physician
- Regular Full-Time
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Arrange for discharge after care
- Develops assessment and treatment plan
- Timely documentation in the Electronic Health Record admission, progress notes and discharge summaries
- Provides patient education and counseling covering health status, test results, disease processes and discharge planning.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff as needed.
- Provides clinical guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Adherence to all facility, PAGNY and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains required credentials, current licensure and CME requirements.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chair person.
60% OP, 40% IP, General clinic, resident education,L&D consults
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in the appropriate clinical specialty.
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State.
- Possession of a valid DEA license.
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board or eligibility to obtain Board Certification within 5 years of hire.
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills.