Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Clinician
- Regular Full-Time
- Allied Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services
With approximately 55,000 admissions per year and an average daily population of 10,000, the NYC jail system is one of the largest in the nation. NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Service (CHS) is a national leader in the delivery of healthcare to the justice-involved population and, with PAGNY’s active support, aspires to the highest standards of care with the goal of meeting or exceeding what is available in the community.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and the Mental Health Unit Chief, will provide quality mental health care to the population of the New York City Department of Corrections at BKDC. This position is responsible for providing assessment and counseling services to inmates. This position is for Brooklyn Detention Center, the hours for the position are: Tuesday thru Saturday, 4 p.m. to midnight.
- Provides mental health evaluations, crisis intervention, assessments, and follow-up care.
- Determines and coordinates disposition of patients for appropriate level of mental health care including discharge planning.
- Completes required statistical reports.
- Collaborates with the Department of Correction to ensure access to patients, proper housing, and treatment disposition.
- Coordinates patient care with other institutional programs.
- Develops and leads group treatment on mental health observation units and other units as assigned.
- Completes all required documentation.
- Participates in Clinical Supervision as assigned
- Participates in mental health and medical rounds as assigned.
- Participates in case conferences and treatment planning for patients receiving and being considered for mental health treatment.
- May conduct psychological testing as assigned
- May supervise social work interns or student volunteers as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Unit Chief, Assistant Unit Chief, and Clinical Supervisor.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
License: New York State License in Social Work, License in Mental Health Counseling, or licensure in Psychology.