Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery
- Regular Full-Time
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx our teams handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
New York City Mayor Bill deBlasio announced he will be bringing "universal health care" to America's biggest city through a program called NYC Care. The city will connect hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who are ineligible for health insurance - including undocumented New Yorkers and those who cannot afford insurance - to reliable care. Anyone will be able to access comprehensive care across NYC Health + Hospitals' more than 70+ locations once the program is fully ramped up. NYC Care will provide a Primary Care doctor and access to specialty care, prescription drugs, mental health services, hospitalization and more.
There are also openings in this program at Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospitals for Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Assist and treat patients in the Orthopedic clinics
- Assist and treat with casting and wound care of patients
- Complete notes in the charts and for patients disability/return to work
- Assist in the operating room
- Assist and coordinate discharge patients to home or nursing facility
- Provide clinical care to patients on the orthopedic surgery service
- Assist with compliance and regulations mandates
- Graduate from accredited Physician Assistant educational program
- Current NYS registration as a Physician Assistant
- Current certification issued by the NCCPA
- Prior experience in area of interest
- Psychomotor skills, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment and must be able to interact with patients and their families in a manner that instills confidence and facilitates communication
- Physician Assistant for Ortho to work with Attendings/Residents/Medical Students, in OR, In-patient and clinic.