Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatry - Director of Outpatient
- Regular Full-Time
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals, NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan provides care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
Metropolitan Hospital is a full-service, acute care hospital emphasizing primary care medicine and utilizing the latest advances in medical science. Metropolitan Hospital Center was the first hospital in East Harlem to be designated by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) as an official Stroke Center. Metropolitan prides itself on delivering culturally-sensitive, compassionate, appropriate, and affordable medical care to the diverse neighborhoods of northern Manhattan.
The responsibilities will include
- Overall responsibility for clinical care and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult outpatient unit, including leadership of a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Represent the Department in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, resident and medical student education, and continuing surveillance of the professional performance of the clinical staff
- Report to the Director of Hospital Services and the Site Director for Psychiatry
- Conduct staff meetings, team meetings, and clinical conferences; collect pertinent data and complete investigations and reports; and integrate and coordinate the unit’s activities with hospital and department programs (patient care, teaching, research, and community health programs)
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities.
• 5 years of experience in psychiatric practice, including at least 2 years in a supervisory or admin/leadership capacity
• Eligible for licensure in state of NY
• Board Certified/Eligible in Adult Psychiatry
• Superior leadership, clinical and diagnostic, administrative, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
We offer a generous income package along with outstanding benefits, opportunities for advancement, retirement plan, malpractice, and much more!