Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Regular Full-Time
- Allied Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services
With approximately 60,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population in twelve jails citywide, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation is responsible for the delivery of medical and behavioral health care, social work services, discharge planning and reentry services 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. CHS is a national leader in the delivery of health care to the justice-involved population and works continuously to improve access to, and quality and continuity of, care within the jail system.
- Mask fitting and monitor setting for newly-admitted patients requiring CPAP
- Coordinating with hospital-based providers to facilitate CPAP availability upon discharge
- Prepare daily assignments and adjust when necesary to maintain patient safety and quality care
- Provides clinical and technical expertise to assist with problem solving
- Actively involved in in-service training and competency related to Respiratory Therapy
- Assists in planning, development and coordinatiion of quality insurance and improvement activities
- Assists in planning and development of departmental policy
- Participates in product evaluations
- Monitors inventory of Respiratory Care equipment and supplies
- Monitors par level/storage/ handling of all medical gases as regulated
- Duties and responsibilities of immediate supervisor in his/her absence
- Any other responsibilities directly assigned by Supervisor or Medical Director
THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 2 days a week!
- Graduate from an Associate Degree program in Respiratory Therapy approved by the New York State Board of Education or a program determined equivalent in accordance with the Commissioner of the State Board of Education's regulations
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of New York
- Possession of current registration as a Respiratory Therapist issued by the National Board of Respiratory Care
This position will require a background check, security clearance and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status