Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Regular Full-Time
- Allied Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services
With approximately 55,000 admissions per year and an average daily population of 10,000, the NYC jail system is one of the largest in the nation. NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Service (CHS) is a national leader in the delivery of healthcare to the justice-involved population and, with PAGNY’s active support, aspires to the highest standards of care with the goal of meeting or exceeding what is available in the community.
Under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health, provide quality mental health care to the Inmate population of the New York City Department of Corrections on Rikers Island.
- Screens, assesses needs, develops discharge plans for identified substance abusing individuals.
- Provides individual and group counseling for patients.
- Acts as liaison with community treatment programs.
- Prepare records and reports on patients and assists in other departmental duties as required.
- May provide substance abuse education to general population.
- Additional related duties as assigned by appropriate authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences preferred, Must be CASAC or CASAC-T
- Experience in counseling a substance abusing and/or incarcerated population
- Good verbal and writing skills