PLS Financial Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager
at PLS Financial Services, Inc.
PLS®: People. Location. Service
PLS—which stands for People – Location - Service—is a leading retail provider of alternative financial services. The PLS Group, headquartered in Chicago, is comprised of over 230 financial service centers in 12 states. Through our check cashing, lending, and our PLS Auto store, we provide consumers with convenient financial products and services to help them manage their day-to-day financial needs. Although many of our customers have banking relationships, we believe that our customers use our financial services because they are more convenient, transparent and frequently more affordable than available traditional alternatives. PLS was founded in 1997 by Bob and Dan Wolfberg, who serve as Co-Presidents.
Successful Assistant Store Managers are responsible for providing leadership to ensure the store delivers outstanding customer service, meets all operating objectives, sales, and financial goals, and follows company policies and procedures. The Assistant Manager performs all the duties of a Customer Service Representative plus assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store, and in the absence of the Store Manager, is responsible for directing the activities of all employees.
Being an Assistant Store Manager at PLS means:
- Maintaining exemplary customer service within the store and establishing special business relationships with our customers so they will choose to do business with us rather than our competitors
- Assisting the Store Manager in implementing strategies to help meet store goals and objectives
- Assisting the Store Manager with recruiting, developing, and motivating store employees who exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Establishing a strong customer service/selling culture to maximize sales
- Working as a Customer Service Representative and supervising CSR activities in the absence of the Store Manager, including but not limited to transaction processing, maintenance of cash drawers, and cash handling procedures
- Marketing within your community to increase market share and store revenues
- Resolving customer complaints about increased customer satisfaction
- Assisting the Store Manager with controlling labor hours, cash, store audits, and shrinkage
- Help maintain a neat and clean store environment for our customers and employees
- Other duties as assigned
Why PLS? Because You Deserve Better!®
You deserve a more rewarding workplace, better opportunities to grow and develop your skills, and more ways to advance in your career. You deserve what PLS team members enjoy.
The PLS mission statement—Why PLS? Because You Deserve Better! - is a promise we make to our customers and our team members. We deliver exceptional service to our customers every time they walk into one of our stores...and we provide our team members with the training and support that help them grow and position them to advance.
If you want to be recognized and rewarded for your work, if you want to feel like a valued member of a strong, supportive team-then take a good look at PLS. We offer highly competitive pay and benefits, plus plenty of opportunity for advancement in our rapidly expanding group of companies.
Don't you-and your future-deserve better?
As a PLS team member, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive pay with regular reviews
- Bonus opportunities for qualifying positions
- Career development through our PLS University courses
- Medical/Dental/Vision and other benefits
- Employer-matched 401(k) program
- Opportunities for community involvement
We are looking for qualified, talented, and passionate applicants for positions in our Corporate office and Field Operations. If you are interested in a career with PLS join our Talent Network today to receive relevant job alert emails!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of one-year management experience in industries such as hospitality, financial services, retail and restaurant
- Ability, willingness, and comfort to engage with customers
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong desire to exceed corporate initiatives and inspire excellence in a team
- Superior verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- High-energy, collaborative management experience
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A valid driver’s license and current proof-of-insurance (Loan Store only)
- English/Spanish bilingual is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs. with little assistance
- Must be able to work in restrictive spaces
- Must manage a number of projects at one time and handle frequent interruptions to meet the needs and requests of customers
- Must be able to drive for company business as required
Benefits for eligible employees include medical/dental/vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available.
We strive to demonstrate our Core Values in all positions at PLS:
Communication ? Customer Focus ? Integrity and Trust ? Teamwork ? Results
PLS Financial Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PLS Financial Services will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. PLS Financial Services is a drug-free workplace. PLS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify your Recruiter or a member of our Human Resources team [Click Here To Join] to make arrangements. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.