PLS Financial Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative
at PLS Financial Services, Inc.
PLS®: People. Location. Service
PLS—which stands for People – Location - Service—is a leading retail provider of alternative financial services. The PLS Group, headquartered in Chicago, is comprised of over 230 financial service centers in 12 states. Through our check cashing, lending, and our PLS Auto store, we provide consumers with convenient financial products and services to help them manage their day-to-day financial needs. Although many of our customers have banking relationships, we believe that our customers use our financial services because they are more convenient, transparent and frequently more affordable than available traditional alternatives. PLS was founded in 1997 by Bob and Dan Wolfberg, who serve as Co-Presidents.
Successful Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are the primary point-of-contact with our customers. They are the “face" of PLS. As such, they are accountable for delivering superior customer service. They also sell company products and services. The CSR is accountable for maintaining company standards of quality and complying with all policies and procedures.
Being a CSR at PLS means:
- Providing outstanding customer service to ensure repeat business
- Promoting our products and services to current and potential customers
- Ensuring all transactions are completed in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Following company policies and procedures
- Maintaining a balanced cash drawer
- Completing all transactions accurately, including cash handling
- Using multiple computer applications to access information and process transactions
- Resolving customer complaints or referring complaints to the Store Manager for resolution
- Maintaining a safe, organized, and clean environment
- Performing other duties as instructed by management
Why PLS? Because You Deserve Better!®
You deserve a more rewarding workplace, better opportunities to grow and develop your skills, and more ways to advance in your career. You deserve what PLS team members enjoy.
The PLS mission statement—Why PLS? Because You Deserve Better! - is a promise we make to our customers and our team members. We deliver exceptional service to our customers every time they walk into one of our stores...and we provide our team members with the training and support that help them grow and position them to advance.
If you want to be recognized and rewarded for your work, if you want to feel like a valued member of a strong, supportive team-then take a good look at PLS. We offer highly competitive pay and benefits, plus plenty of opportunity for advancement in our rapidly expanding group of companies.
Don't you-and your future-deserve better?
As a PLS team member, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive pay with regular reviews
- Bonus opportunities for qualifying positions
- Career development through our PLS University courses
- Medical/Dental/Vision and other benefits
- Employer-matched 401(k) program
- Opportunities for community involvement
We are looking for qualified, talented, and passionate applicants for positions in our Corporate office and Field Operations. If you are interested in a career with PLS join our Talent Network today to receive relevant job alert emails!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
What we need from you:
- Previous customer service experience in industries such as hospitality, financial services, retail or restaurant is preferred
- Ability, willingness, and comfort to engage with customers
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to drive sales
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- English/Spanish bilingual is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs. with little assistance
- Must be able to work in restrictive spaces and keep their concentration in a busy environment with moderate to high noise levels
Benefits for eligible employees include medical/dental/vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available.
We strive to demonstrate our Core Values in all positions at PLS:
Communication ? Customer Focus ? Integrity and Trust ? Teamwork ? Results
PLS Financial Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PLS Financial Services will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. PLS Financial Services is a drug-free workplace. PLS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify your Recruiter or a member of our Human Resources team [Click Here To Join] to make arrangements. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.