Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RCN Corporation
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support our general ledger accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have at least four years of combined month end close experience and at a global, public traded organization and big four experience. The position is based in Manhattan, NY.
•Execution of monthly and quarterly close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with US GAAP
���Prepare journals, accounts reconciliation and fluctuation analysis.
•Help lead the implementation of best practices on general ledger team to simplify, standardize and scale our business and global RTR organization
•Support external and audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine RTR accounting processes and procedures
•Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
•Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
•Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with minimum of 3 years from Big Four
- Related month close or GL experience with global, public traded company preferred
- Experience with major ERP system (Great Plains) preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Ability to travel as required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.