Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockstar Games
Rockstar Games is looking for a passionate Technical Animator specializing in Motionbuilder (experience in Maya would be considered) to help develop future titles. The role will involve creating and supporting tools used on a daily basis by the animation team - ensuring animators can operate efficiently when creating and refining cutscenes/in-game animations.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a larger global team of TA/TDs. They will also be expected to provide input and direction for the future development of our animation workflows/tools to keep Rockstar at the cutting edge. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ games industry experience in a similar role and must have used Motionbuilder/Maya in that role – possessing a strong working knowledge of Python.
- Interact closely with animators and other TA/TDs to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Create and support tools that improve our animation creation/editing workflows.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and animation code.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production - from content creation through to the game.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Assist character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.
- 2+ years of applicable professional experience as a TA/TD/tools programmer.
- Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on any of the major console platforms.
- Python programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a TA/TD.
- Knowledge of facial rigging is a definite plus.
- Relevant experience using 3d Studio Max in a technical art role is desirable.
- Designed and implemented efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs.
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, C# / C++, etc.) is a big plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Mentorship of animators to help improve their Motionbuilder skills.