Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Assistance Program Manager, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced humanitarian program manager seeking to serve through nourishment of both body and soul? Join us as a Food Assistance Program Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Food Assistance Program Manager in South Sudan, your managerial expertise will help to deliver Christ-like care to those in need. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Direct-line management of food assistance staff and drivers in the districts of operation, including performance review, ongoing direction, support, encouragement and correction.
- Updates Human Resources (HR) records for all project staff in the districts of operation, sending monthly reports to Director of HR for attendance, leave, and contractual changes as they arise.
- Ensures effective budget management and administration of project finances, including adherence to organizational and World Food Program (WFP) financial management guidelines.
- Acts as official representative to stakeholders for matters concerning Food Assistance.
- Establishes clear strategy and direction for Food Assistance programming in collaboration with the Northern Bahr El Ghazal State Area Coordinator.
- Works alongside Area Coordinator to develop food security programs in districts of operation.
- Coordinates effective implementation of clear security protocol for distribution.
- Ensures all project activities are conducted in accordance with agreed work-plan and proposal.
- Coordinates updating of beneficiary lists, sending updates to WFP as required.
- Ensures coordination of all activities with relevant Local Government authorities, NGOs and CBOs, and community stakeholders, and maintains constant coordination with WFP in strategic project implementation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Area Coordinator, Country Director, or Regional Director.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience with Food-for-Assets and Asset Creation Programming.
- Familiarity with WFP general food distribution practices and policies.
- Experience in coordination with other international humanitarian organizations and UN agencies operating in complex emergencies.
- Willingness to travel in and out of field.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Clear understanding of major donors and their perspectives, requirements, and standards.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Willing to build local national staff capacity by utilizing training and coaching skills.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural and denominational differences.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to speak Arabic and other local languages preferred.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
This position is contingent upon receipt of anticipated funding and will be a 5-month contract.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)